The mission of the Connecticut Public Health Association (CPHA) is to represent and unite the diverse expertise of Connecticut's public health professionals, to ameliorate the most pressing public health issues in the state, and to promote health and safe living for the people of Connecticut. CPHA works to promote and protect the public's health through advocacy; education; program, professional and workforce development; and networking among the public health community.
2017 CPHA Conference - Call for Abstracts
The Connecticut Public Health Association (CPHA) Program Planning Committee is accepting abstracts for presentations for CPHA’s 2017 Centennial Conference. The centennial conference will be held on October 30, 2017 at The Aqua Turf in Southington, CT with the theme "From Patient to Population Health - Disparities Matter.”
Guidelines/Rules for Submission:
· Deadline: June 1, 2017 for Oral, Roundtable breakout sessions, rapid fire/ignite presentations or panel discussion.
· All submissions must be done electronically, either via the online form or by submitting the 2017 Conference Abstract Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
· All components of the submission form must be completed in their entirety
· Abstracts must include at least 3 learning objectives
· Presenters will be notified by June 17, 2017 of status and the committee member who will be coordinating the session
· Presentation topics should be pertinent to the theme
Click here for more information!
Registration is Open for the 2017 CPHA Awards Breakfast!
Every year, CPHA members and non-members gather to honor and recognize the public health award recipients who have demonstrated outstanding professionalism, dedication, and contributions to the field of public health within Connecticut.
Join us for the 2017 CPHA Networking and Awards Breakfast on Friday, April 7, 2017 from 8:30am to 11am at Goodwin College in East Hartford, CT for complimentary breakfast, networking, and to celebrate the contributions made by our 2017 award winners.
Register here today!
For more information, visit the CPHA Awards webpage.
Help CPHA Reach 30 Million Steps by April 8
(as of March 27)
The American Public Health Association (APHA) has challenged Americans to collectively walk 1 billion steps by the close of National Public Health Week (April 3-9, 2017). The CPHA MOR would like our state to be the healthiest state by April 8th by signing up as many CT walking teams as we can.
With a population of just over 3.5 million, Connecticut's fair share is 10 million steps of APHA's goal of 1 billion. But CPHA believes that WITH YOU we can easily reach 30 million steps and Make CT the Healthiest State by April 8.
For more information and how to sign your team up, visit CPHA's National Public Health Week page.